Direct emission responsible for your business operation, ie. business travelling, manufacturing etc.
Indirect emission - emission produced by third party to provide your energy need, ie. electricity and heating used to run your building.
Any emission related to your business operation including supply chain and end products that do not fall into Scope 1 & 2.
It is the biggest and the trickiest out of the 3.
At BridgeBlack Consulting, we are determined to help our clients to achieve their emission reduction target. You may have heard of net-zero target or even negative target in companies climate change strategy, most of the time these targets have been significantly green-washed to appeal the general public. Unlike traditional accounting or financial engineering, working out carbon emission data is not just about numbers. It involves a complete understanding in a carbon lifecycle and carbon chemistry. For example, when you buy electricity from your provider, do you know how is the electricity being generated? It can be from burning coal, natural gas, oil, bio-mass, or it can be from renewable forms such as wind, solar, hydro etc. Each production method comes with a different carbon footprint. You will need someone like us to do a complete analysis to work out your emission data, and all of that only account for the Carbon Dioxide (CO2) emission. In the latest EU emission data standard, you are required to report other emission data ie. Methane, NOx and Fluorinated gases; - that's where things get complicated.
Once we work out your emission data (Scope 1,2 & 3), we can help you to set an achievable reduction target.
Everyone knows planting more trees and reducing the consumption of fossil fuel will reduce your carbon footprint. However, under the new guideline issued by The Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi), carbon offset (planting tree and carbon capture) can only make up 10% of your total carbon reduction calculation. The rest of the 90% must come from genuine emission reduction from your Scope 1,2 & 3 categories. In order to do that, we must perform a top-to-bottom shake up in your business energy consumption habit, identify potential targets that we can achieve; more importantly, to establish a science based target that can be quantified, can be recognised by the future governing bodies across the world.
*All our carbon analysis will be signed off by members of the Royal Society of Chemistry, the first world recognised chemistry governing bodies originated from London, United Kingdom which dated back to 1841.
Get in touch and see how we can help !
Who doesn't love a healthy, green planet where we can breath in clean air and drink clean water?
Global Warming is causing some irreversible change to our planet ie. raising sea level and changing in weather pattern. It will greatly affect assets located by the coast line, impacting the supply chains and commodity prices etc.
It will affect everyone of us and every single companies on the planet!
With increasing Carbon Levy (Carbon Tax / Emission Charges) across the world, you could be paying a huge amount of money for the emission you've generated. Hence, by establishing a greener business operation, you can significantly improve your profit margin.
Copyright © 2018-2022 BridgeBlack - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Our Passion In Cutting Edge Science